Saturday, February 13, 2021

Tomb of the Moderately Successful Playwright

I give my players an option to do 'side-quests' over Discord chat, in addition to the main game I normally run.

One of my players pitched that he wanted his frog-man con-man to get caught up in a scheme to write a self-help book called the 'Porpoise-Driven Life'.

So I came up with this:


Map-credit again goes to Dyson Logos.


Running this was a blast. The player pried open the sealed door in Room C despite there being a big red X painted over it, so De Veers got out. Percy, the porpoise-man NPC, got eaten. 

I had a lot of fun playing De Veers over text, and having him oscillate between jovial 'what ho there!' conviviality and snarling 'I'm going to eat your face' ghoul-hunger. I can't remember where I got the idea for ghouls who are kind and urbane and sophisticated but only as long as they've been fed: I want to say Arnold Kemp's Goblin Punch, but I honestly can't remember. 


No comments:

Post a Comment